Thread: "Fratty"
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
I agree that character is the primary criterion in membership selection, wealth and upbringing are minor factors for my chapter although I know that old row chapters at the SEC schools are very focused on this. We do prefer for our members to dress a certain way as to keep a certain image for us. We prefer dressing fratty to wearing our letters, people can just tell when guys are in fraternities and girls are in sororities here.
The main thing I want to know is are there any fratty chapters at
northern schools? Being in Big12 country doesn't count either, I'm talking about the Big 10 and northern ACC schools here.
If I ever met a guy at Penn State (there were 52 fraternities there when I was there) who called himself "fratty", I would have laughed in his face. And I don't get why you all want to play dress up every day and look the same -- don't you want to be distinguishable between houses? And couldn't perps just wear nice clothes and pretend to be in the "fratty" ranks? I always thought the good-looking guys in their letters or backwards caps looked great. I'd look askance at guys who looked like they got up "extra early" just to iron their slacks and get ready for class. If you can't "roll and go" and look good, I don't care what brand collared shirt you're wearing.