View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Also, you said your Dad was greek and still in touch with his brothers/alumnae chapter. Is his house on your campus? Do he or any of his brothers know any alumnae of that chapter? I don't know if fraternities do recs the way sororities do, but I would imagine an alum contacting the chapter to give a PNM a good intro should be a positive thing in any situation. Don't hesitate to use those greek connections!
My Dads chapter does have a house here, but it is not on campus. Apparently they had gotten kicked off campus for hazing and drug issues, so I figured it may be best to stay away.

and as for what adpiucf said...it was a tough decision for me to do that. I knew that by calling them I could potentially be jeapordazing my chances but the problem was that by the time that occured, it was so late in the rushing process that I had stopped looking at other fraternities just because I had felt so confident about that one. In retrospect, this was a bad decision and I probably would have not done that.

But most of you mentioned that I should look at other fraternities. My problem with that is going through the whole rush process and getting to know everyone and going to all the parties AGAIN is going to be stressful regardless, but doing it for a frat where I dont know anybody at all may be even more stressful. Id prefer to re-rush this same frat just because I already know alot of people there and still keep in touch with some, but as adipucf said, I may have killed my chances by asking to come to those parties.