View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

That's never a fun position to be in...as a fraternity member myself, I can tell you that every year a rushee will meet guys that he really gets along with early on in the rush process who vouch for him and get him feeling confident. However the next set of actives he meets don't feel he's as good a fit for whatever reason (and this doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you...in my chapter we cut several rushees that are great guys because we know they wouldn't fit in as well as the others). The one thing that the chapter should have done is let rushees know when they had stopped considering them because that would have let you look at other options.

It's never fun but I would consider looking at other fraternities next semester. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on reading people's thought processes regarding rushees (sometimes rushees have no gauge at all on how excited the chapter is to have them or if the chapter is unimpressed) so I would say for this semester meet fraternity guys, go to parties, get involved on campus, meet girls and get good grades. Often times rushees who didn't get their first choice in the fall have a very good grasp of where they are going in the spring because they will meet guys from the fall pledge class who will introduce them to older actives, etc. Keep several options open and be realistic about what chapters you will fit into. I almost guarantee that in time, when you have more knowledge about your campus, you will see the reasons why the chapter didn't think you would fit in as well as some other rushees. That is one benefit of rushing in the spring. Good luck!