View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 01:39 AM

*For the love of all that's holy, GET SOME SLEEP! Do everything you can do to make sure that you get a sufficient amount of rest every night.

*START YOUR PAPERS/BIG PROJECTS EARLY. Writing a 7 page paper on language patterns in Middle English the day before it is due SUCKS. Don't say, "Oh I work best under pressure." You'll do better if you complete assignments in a timely fashion.

*BE ON TIME TO CLASS. Freshman year, I had a prof who would intentionally mention all the important areas to study for the test at the BEGINNING (first 5 minutes) of class. Another guy I had would take attendance at EXACTLY 2:00 and ANYONE who came in after that was considered abesent. There are profs who lower grades for lateness. It's also just rude to walk in 10 minutes into a class while the prof is speaking.

*SAVE and/or COPY your course syllabi. They are VERY important. They list ALL the readings, tests, and due dates for the class. Profs won't always REMIND you when things are due. Sometimes, you'll walk into class and he'll just say "pass the homework up". If you hadn't been keeping track of your syllabus, you'd be COMPLETELY clueless and unprepared.

* THE SAME EXCUSES THAT WORKED FOR YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL, WILL NOT WORK IN COLLEGE. Saying "I forgot it." or "My disk magically erased it", just won't work (even if you're telling the truth). Professors WILL NOT accept late work. You might get lucky and have a prof who MIGHT let you turn in something late, but lower it a letter grade or lower your FINAL grade. So do EVERYTHING you can to turn your work in on time.

Lakers Nation.