View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22 View Post
I'm wondering that too.

Finally, I find out she's a sophomore and ask what she was involved in last year and she says Amnesty International. At first I'm excited because it is an actual answer to a question. So I ask her about what she did with them and she starts telling me about their plans for releasing alleged terrorists from Guatanamo Bay, which is pretty controversial and I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked because she's getting into an explanation of their innocence. Sisters and rushees nearby are hearing "terrorist" and "prison" and looking over with raised eyebrows and I'm smiling awkwardly because I don't really want to talk about this anymore but I have no idea what to talk about with this impossible girl.
Luckily, someone rescued me at this point and brought her over to look at some event scrapbooks.

HA!
That's when you start with the "what's your name", "where are you from", "what's your major". Even if the person is from Timbucktu, you can typically throw out something like, "I heard they have a terrific whatever in Timbucktu".
I was lucky to know my geography so I could improvise on any situation once I knew where they were from. By the time I was bumped, I at least knew if they could put a sentence together.