View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to icicle22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indygphib View Post
So...did Miss I-Gotta-Pee-NOW end up getting a bid anywhere or did she let her sparkling personality shine through at other chapters as well? Just curious - makes you wonder how such blatantly rude people could ever receive a bid from a chapter.
I'm wondering that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin
Somebody who has to pee? At schools where there are 10 or 16 parties and you get a beverage at each one, I can see how it would happen.

Well, I can understand that...if a girl REALLY needs to use the bathroom, then it's probably permissible. Having rushed before, I could sympathize with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennacat246
This girl comes in with the last group of the first day of recruitment and her hair is unwashed and she isn't wearing any make-up so she really doesn't seem to fit in with any of the other girls rushing. I'm not terribly impressed, but I haven't talked to her so I don't think much of it.
Then I end up having to rescue a sister who was trying to hold a conversation with her and the girl has nothing to say. She answers in as few words as possible to every single question and then smiles at me waiting for my next question. It wasn't a conversation so much as a very direct interview.
I ask her what she is most interested in about sororities since it's the end of her first day and I find in Canada at least, a lot of girls rushing do so out of curiosity because they don't know anything about sororities besides what you see on TV. I figure that by the end of the first day, something must have caught her eye. No, not her. "well, you know..." And I'm thinking, "No! I don't know! Tell me something about yourself - anything!"
I haven't been having these problems talking with anyone all day and I am running out of things to say.
Finally, I find out she's a sophomore and ask what she was involved in last year and she says Amnesty International. At first I'm excited because it is an actual answer to a question. So I ask her about what she did with them and she starts telling me about their plans for releasing alleged terrorists from Guatanamo Bay, which is pretty controversial and I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked because she's getting into an explanation of their innocence. Sisters and rushees nearby are hearing "terrorist" and "prison" and looking over with raised eyebrows and I'm smiling awkwardly because I don't really want to talk about this anymore but I have no idea what to talk about with this impossible girl.
Luckily, someone rescued me at this point and brought her over to look at some event scrapbooks.

It was definitely the most awkward and difficult conversation of my life. I've never worked so hard to get someone to tell me essentially nothing. At then end, in spite of all the questions I asked her, all I knew about was her involvement with Amnesty International. Oh and that she didn't wash her hair that day which was on the gross side.

HA!

Last edited by icicle22; 10-23-2007 at 08:28 PM.