View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm in the middle of recruitment at the moment, and there have been some interesting moments ...

- I personally love the girls (yes, plural) who openly admit that the only reason they're rushing is so they can pledge and spy on their boyfriends in fraternities.

- PNM (we'll call her Erin) IMed a sister about a week ago and said, "Hey I'm finally coming out to rush and I LOVE TPA, so let's make it happen." My sister was flabbergasted to say the least and responded with, "Well, you can certainly come out but I can't just 'make it happen.'" A few days later, Erin approached more sisters in our cafeteria, grabbed their arms and abrasively, yet bubbily, said "Hi! I'm Erin! I'm coming out for TPA so let's *make* this happen!" It's not happening ...

- Another PNM (Suzie this time) made herself seem very suspicious. Suzie was intent on asking a lot of questions that most PNMs won't necessarily ask. They were very particular terminology questions ("Well are they called socials or mixers?", "Is it a pledge mom or a pledge sister educator?", etc) and a lot having to do with specific times, dates, places, etc etc. She ends up being a literature major, and we later on found out her "anti-sorority friends" put her up to do some "investigating." Wait ... is this ABC Family or my life?