View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Dad needs advice regarding Bama

Hi,

I wish I had seen this forum months ago. While I went to school at Bama and was in the greek system, that doesn't help my daughter. We had to move to another state with our jobs so she didn't grow up there. Anyway, I was hoping to get some advice. My daugher registered for rush at Bama. But, we got some really bad advice. Basically we were told to get her a recomendation for one primary sorority and that was it. And that she was supposed to focus on her resume.

Well, as basically everyone (other than me until finding this resource) can imagine, she got dropped from basically all of the houses. She was told that she needed to get her recomendations in and that she could easily get through next fall or even later this fall or spring - depending on quotas.

Then, I spke with the Director of Greek Affairs and he told us to go ahead and get the recommendations in asap and she may even still be able to get a bid on Sunday.

Is it rude to ask at this late a time for additional recomendations? And how can we let the chapter know she is still interested - even though she dropped out? I don't want her to get in trouble or make things worse. But if they don't know they want think about her.

I just feel horrible about all this. It would have been one thing if they didn't want her, but that was not it.

We have learned a lot about the system at Bama. And I know it will work out. But I am just at a loss of what to do right now. She wanted to quit the school and come back next year. She is just so upset about this.

Anyway, if there is any advice I would appreciate it. Maybe we just messed up. But it will be okay.

I guess I am just a Dad who is trying to help his daughter out as much as I can.

If anyone has any ideas on how to let the chapters know she is still interested (or maybe has contacts with them) I'd be happy for the help. Also, if anyone would be willing to write a last minute recommendation, I'd also be happy to take the help. She'd be happy to send a resume and/or talk with you.

I do not want to make things worse. I am just going by what the Director told me to do at this time. But if this will just mess it up worse, please let me know that too.

And please feel free to PM me. I realize I let a big mistake happen. But I am going to help her fix it.

And I am going to lok through the other forums about this. I am just trying to take are of what I can as fast as I can.

Thanks for any advice or help.