View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivygreekgirl View Post
I re-read my original post and it comes off as a little more negative than I meant it to be. I guess I should add that I was a first-gen college student in my whole extended family and I had no clue about Greek life.

I guess the point I wanted to make was that I knew in my heart that I chose a house that i would not be happy at. I think it's important to give all the houses an equal opportunity but if you know for sure in your gut that you aren't going to be happy in a particular house, don't force it and look at other options, whether it's remaining independent and foucsing on other campus orgs, re-rushing, joining a local sorority, etc.
A lot has changed since the early 00's, and for the better. I was also in a smaller chapter, and the constant pressure to recruit, recruit, recruit was indeed exhausting. Fortunately, RFM has really helped to level the playing field and allow more chapters to be successful in formal recruitment, instead of constantly playing catch-up and feeling rejected by PNM's every time around.