Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Sometimes two people just shouldn't live together. It's not a reflection of anything but contrasting personalities. My last year's roommate is a beautiful person, but we just could not get along because of her uncleanliness. We started out friends, but by the end of the year we couldn't even look at each other without an argument's ensuing. I'd suggest you go to your sister and explain that, because you two have such different habits, you think it would be the best for your friendship if you didn't share space. Make sure that you impress her with the idea that you're doing this just as much for her sake as for yours. For example, perhaps she and her boyfriend would like some more privacy than they'd have if you were hanging 'round all the time. Assure her that you love her very much, but remain firm. There might be a few strained feelings at first, but believe me, everything will wind up better in the long run.

Just an aside: Not shaving does not mean that a person has a lack of hygiene. Many women choose not to shave in the winter (or ever) for a wide variety of reasons. However, not bathing is inexcusable. It's a gross lack of hygiene that probably serves to augment the offending aesthetic of the hairy legs. IMHO, as long as the hairy legs are clean, there's no problem.