View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
OK, I'll be honest--LDR's are a bitch. But I've stayed in one for the past year because it's so great when we're together that it makes up for all the time apart. I think everyone else has been right on the money with their suggestions, but let me re-emphasize the regular communication part--that is VERY important! If you don't talk, there's no relationship. If you let this part slide, you're in trouble. So call, e-mail, or whatever...just so you talk often enough so that you still feel like you're a part of each others' lives. And also, don't make promises that you can't keep; for instance, if you say you're coming to visit, then do it. Don't say you will and then call three hours after you were supposed to be there and say that "something suddenly came up," because even if you're telling the truth, it won't wash. Give at least a day's notice, because it's hard to believe anything someone says when they never follow through with anything.

I would say give it a try, though...one good thing is that you never have to worry about not being able to get your work done because you're always with your guy. It could turn into something pretty nice. And hey, if it doesn't work out, you can just use the old, "Well, you see, it's the distance...." excuse.