View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'm going to put in my $ .02: long distance relationships can work-but you have to make them work. And both people have to make an effort. And above all, you have to trust each other. That is the big thing. When I went to college in D.C., my boyfriend was still in Texas...and man, that was hard. Probably b/c we were young and not mature enough to work at it. But we did stay together for 2 1/2 years. Then, right when I started dating Mr. XO_Princess, I moved 5 hours away from him. We ICQ'd a ton, emailed everyday, and called as much as we could. Plus, being only 5 hours away, we were able to see each other about every 2 weeks. Trust wasn't a big deal, b/c we were both mature enough to trust each other totally. Any long distance relationship is hard though, b/c like LionLove said, he won't be able to be there for every important moment in your life. And thats really hard. There are somethings that I would have given my right arm for Mr. XO_Princess to have been there with me, but he just couldn't-and vice versa.

It's alot of work, but if you think he's worth it, then I say go for it. And good luck!! BTW, Mr. XO_Princess have been together for 4 years now.