View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I feel like an expert in this subject, all of my relationships have been long distance at some point. First was my high school boyfriend, we dated for over a year before we went off to college in different countries (me in Pennsylvania, him in Ontario Canada) we lasted a year after that before we broke up the beginning of our sophomore year of college. My second (and current) boyfriend goes to college with me but we are apart during vacations. Now, I'm studying abroad and he's back at school so I haven't seen him since January.

It's hard but if you have the dedication it can work. Some advice on making long distance relationships work:
1. Email or call each at least every other day to keep each other updated on your lives
2. Don't expect him to be there for every important moment in your life and vice versa
3. confide in him. He may not be there to help you solve all of your problems but crying on his shoulder (via phone or email) will make him feel like an important part of your life.
4. Don't get whiny and say things like "you never visit", transportation is difficult and time consuming. On the other hand if you guys never make the effort to see each other then the relationship will not work.

This is all I can think of for now. Good luck!!!