Thread: NPC expansion
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

.. just a few corrections..

I mentioned the system "seems" to be somewhat similar to a supply/demand schedule. I did not say it "Was". I also mentioned that a new group might also spark more interest in the overall greek system and perhaps increase recruitment numbers in my original post.

I have to disagree when you say groups that suffer are suffering "because of their own faults". I just feel that is a over-generalization. If a school is small and the interest in greek life just isn't there, that is not always the fault of the chapters that reside on the campus that they have low or unstable numbers.

When I attended a SMALL college, they had amazing groups, and they didn't have many members. I personally don't feel it was their fault they were suffering in numbers - I know personally they advertised so much to get more men & women interested in the greek life that existed on the campus. Not every school is meant to be in the "Top Ten Greek Schools" with all 26 NPC sororities and all the NIC fraternities, so when a chapter has small numbers, it may not always be "their fault".. but that's just the way I see it coming from an extremely small greek school.

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake

Usually a house that is suffering is doing so because of their own faults. They need to either seek help to correct these issues or go dormant.