Thread: NPC expansion
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 11:03 AM

Just from what I have seen of KAT, I will second what you heard re their expansion policies. Our campus had a similar experience, 2 different locals wanted to bring Tri-Delt and they said "nay." They don't want to open a chapter that can't be on similar footing with the others, which is a decision I highly respect.

anyhoo...

What does the local sorority think? Are they for it or against it? If you guys and the local have opposing views, you might be better off to stick with things as they are - the fraternities & sororities as all one council - rather than form a Panhel right now. There's no point in forming something and having stalemate after stalemate because there are only 2 of you.

I think Heather is right, that they can contact KAT directly, but for their own sakes they would be better off to contact ALL the NPC groups. It is hard to gauge what kind of effect they'll have - they could get everyone excited or they could bring the other groups down. At any rate, they are on a probationary period. If the latter happens, I doubt that you guys OR the local will vote for them to stay.