Thread: NPC expansion
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Expansion

What I understand from Little E's original post is that there is one NPC group on her campus (her's) and one local and now a third "interest group" has started up with the aim of asking KAT to colonize them. Please correct me if that is not right, Little E.
Since you have no formal Panhellenic on your campus, it will be harder to get a handle on things. When a panhellenic exists then I believe they control expansion on campus, although I thought I read in your post that your loosely organized IFC-NPC council will vote on the expansion at some point. I HIGHLY encourage you to fight this expansion if you feel that it is not in the best interest of your sorority - even at the risk of being bitchy. If you think that it will only serve to dilute the system rather than causing it to grow, then stand by what you believe and do not allow anyone to sway you.
It is hard to gauge the effect that another group might have since you are the only one there (besides the local). Another NPC at your school would require the school to have a Panhellenic Council, I believe. If you had two groups then you might see more interest in the greek system since you would (presumably) have formal recruitment together. It might be more widely promoted by your school and eventual Panhellenic and turn out to be a good thing. Something to consider anyway.