Thread: NPC expansion
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Another perspective....

You could look at it this way-- since this group is already a local that is somewhat established, it might be better that they go national so that they are playing by the same rules as AST. Not to mention it would give more credibility to the Greek system there and possibly attract more people.

As someone who is from Wisconsin and went through an NPC expansion, I can tell you that not all the NPC sororities will be interested in expanding there. I will not speak for KAT though.

If these women contacted KAT directly, then I BELIEVE (not 100%) that KAT can decide on its own whether to expand there-- if the group goes the NPC expansion route (which I would recommend) then all the groups will have a chance to look and make a determination. No group will want to expand there if the numbers do not flush out.

If you are concerned about the process, contact AST's National Panhellenic delegate. She should be able to help you.

I hope that is helpful. I am not an expansion expert but I know from my own experience how these things can go.