Thread: NPC expansion
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a very...loose...??? greek system on campus. We do not have Pan-hell. Instead, the two sororities and the three IFC's have this mish mosh thing called the Interfraternal Panhellenic Council, aka IFPC. IFPC has no power what so ever. It is pretty pointless, but it does force us to communicate. Well IFPC has authorized this group to be on probationary status. This is at least one year of probation. Then by 3/4 the greek houses may allow them full IFPC membership.

Our Greek affairs person does not understand the greeksystem at all. It is very low priority on our campus.

The group the new local has announced that they want to bring to campus is KAT. Apparently they are very selective in their expansion, that is the rumor around here anyway. So now my question broadens more. Can they, because our campus already has an NPC, just decide who they want, or do we need to go through and have NPC presentations on campus? Would it be better for AST and the current local to form NPC, if we are even allowed to do that, to make this process more clear?

I know this sounds jumbled I'm really sorry. But it is all so confusing because we don't really have a normal greek system. AST just kinda of came to campus, there wasn't a lot of proper channels they just had to have the ok of the Greek advisor and be approved by IFPC.

So how much say does AST have with NPC on expansion here? Our DP told us that we will suffer in numbers if there is expansion. So we feel caught. We vote no and we are the evil B*'s and that is definatly not the message we need.

I'm so confused I'll try to make this more clear when i get a response....please respond
Tau love
Lil E