View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Okay, I'm confused. Pitt requires campus organizations to have 10 members to be recognized.
Obviously NPHC intake methods are different from those of the NIC and NPC. To force NPHC groups to increase members (at least on this campus) would be asking them to eitehr violate their membership procedures or to change them. Neither of which, I am assuming, they want to do.
I guess my question is, so what if they pull recognition. What does recognition off your organizations that these groups couldn't possibly live with out?

On my campus, GLO's are not recognized. But we are recognized by our respective organizations.
Recognition on campus gives us the right to advertise (pretty much anywhere, whereas right now we're very limited in where we can poster). We could receive funidng from the school. It would probably be easier if we were recognized by the school, but we do alright without them.
So what would happen to the greek organizations at Pitt if the school pulled recognition?