View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
Depending on minorirty enrollment I don't think that any organization with fewer than ten students will be able to maintain that number in order to keep recongition. As the NPHC president stated, in most orgs you have to either be a 2nd semester freshman or have achieved sophomore status to even submit an application. We do not take everyone that applies or even a large portion of those folks, so even if the NPHC groups were allowed to have intake in both the fall and the spring, which violates at least one orgs policy on when intake can be conducted, it still wouldn't NECESSARILY get their numbers up. True it's easier to run the type of chapter you want with more people but I've seen very productive, influential chapters that have between five and ten members in them. Only one of the NPHC orgs here have membership of ten or more members. However, those present are very active and host a number of activities over the course of the year. I'm not sure what the motivation is behind the larger chapter push but honestly I can only think of a few male NPHC groups that have really large chapters on PWI campuses.