View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 09:26 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
Ok, if you're in ABC organization, and your "sibling" organization is XYZ, but you roadtrip and on the other campus, ABC's "sibling" organization is LMO, do you recognize that or go find XYZ to chill with?
Hmmm, this is a hard one. Depends on if you honor history or preference.

A lot of times I have found that the whole brother/sister thing with everyone outside of the Blue and White family tends to be more about selfish gain rather than true love. But I won't expound on that but keep focused on your question.

To make this question more clear to the layman. You want to know what should you do in a situation where your Sorors on anothr campus claim another organization rather than they one you actually have links with?

To make it more germaine to myself. What if I went on a trip to USC and the Bruhs there chilled with the ladies of AKA , as opposed to the Divas of DST?

I myself go and find the ladies of DST and greet them. Those are the closet thing to Sisters that I have in the Greek World. I have historical LINKS with them.

We all have LINKS, except for Iota Phi Theta, and we all can make play play paralells.

If I am talking out of my ass someone please let me know.

THE ONLY TRUE LINKS are:

Constitutionally Bound Zetas and Sigmas

The First Family A Phi A and AKA. I assume the PHAmily thing y'all do at times come from the PHA in alPHA which is in both of your names?

Coleman Love for the two FOUNDERS of Omega Psi Phi that had immediate family ties to Delta Sigma Theta. One married to a FOUNDER of the other org, Frank and Edna, The Colemans. The other from what I've researched is that Egdar A. Love had a younger sister who was an early Initiate of the Alpha Chapter. Thus it's COLEMAN LOVE not LUV.

Indiana Love, coming from the fact that both Kappa Alpha Psi and Sigma Gamma Rho were both founded in the state of Indiana. Also there is a connection with the canes that only members of those two orgs will know.

Everything else is Betty Crocker to me. What's Betty Crocker? Homemade, Made Up, Something created to get some play or attention from another org. It, IMO, is a desparate attempt for one org to bond with another. I hate it when my Bruhs do it. Have a party is one thing and naming it something like P&G 20/20 or a Dawg Pound Party. But to walk around using that SIMILARITY as a reason to call another org a sister to me is wack.

Now can we, Da Bruhs, be close to AKA's or SG Rho's or even Zetas, if they let us. YES. Will they ever....ever ever be my SISTER? NO.

I am a spiritual Bruh in the sense of living our Mission and the tenets put forth in our Fraternity. I also honor history and true tradition. Not one "created" for personal gain.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up please let me know.