View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca131 View Post
Truly understand, and yes I actually have a few girls who want to start one up as well. We did some research online, and gotten a pretty good amount of info. Now another question actually came to mind. Now I know in order to start one you need to pick a name that isn't taken already. Which I already did. I had a few names in mind, but my concern is now do I need to contact someone and tell them I'm start a sorority. I don't mean to contact the campus, but like the NPC. Or can I just start one without making any contact's. We have two local sororities already on campus like I said, but I rushed for both and I just didn't like the group of girls. They were just rude, and didn't care for much but popularity. I would ask for advice from them, but then I really doubt they would bother to help me. So how would this work? Do I just start it pick my name and such, or do I contact the NPC to let them know? I'm still reading on about the 'Rush at UCSC'.
I think that you are putting the cart before the horse. Think about what ideals you want to found your group upon, what kind of activities you want to do, any philanthropic work, gpa requirements, etc.

It's like starting a business - it's hard to come up with a name if you don't know what the company is about.

And a suggestion for you... don't put down other sororities, whether or not you think they deserve criticism. If you ever want your univsersity to recognize your organizations, you will need to show that you will be presenting positively on and off campus.

Good luck.