View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
No, you shouldn't!

I'd like to be supportive of new local sororities but it seems these days that everyone and their mother wants to start one or quickly join a regional one. I often wonder how many of these women have taken the time to really consider what they are doing. Greek letters on a sweatshirt don't make a sorority. As someone else has pointed out, you're putting the cart before the horse.

Reviewing the history of the founding any of the NPCs or the long-standing locals might help put some things into perspective. There's a reason why these organizations have flourished and why so many others have not.

It seems these days that everyone wants instant gratification; grab some letters and insta-sorority!

To the OP, I wish you success but I hope you'll slow down a bit and give the whole thing some serious thought. (And do some research.)
I understand this completely and I have given this a lot of thought. I'm not rushing, I just wanted some advice and help on what I should do. I was planning to take this whole semester to do more research. I also was planning to set a meeting with few girls who share my idea and come up with a reason as to why. Although I know myself as to why, and it has nothing to do with the other sororities I didn't like. But thank you.