View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

Hello from Blue Angel!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to say hello to all of my future sisters! I'm scheduled to be a ZTA special initiate this spring. I was going to wait until it was "official" to introduce myself, but Penguin Trax was kind enough to invite me in to share my story.

I think I'm ZTA's longest pledge ever! I pledged at the University of Florida more than two decades ago...yeah, I'm THAT old! I LOVED ZTA.. everything about it-- the girls, the creed and the deep history about the fraternity! The moment I stepped into the Zeta house, I knew I was home.

But, I was also an athlete, and I received a scholarship offer to train with the finest school in the nation in my sport. There was no ZTA there.

I eventually did return to UF, but I was so involved in athletic competition and training, I didn't feel it was fair to the fraternity. The girls assured me it was OK, but I felt too guilty. I never depledged, but also never was initiated.

It has been the biggest regret of my life.

I've saved everything from ZTA. I still have my original bid, my pledge ribbon, my pledge book, my fraternity stationary, my lavalier, and my ZTA clothing items. It was such a special time in my life, I cherished them.

Three years ago, I was surfing the net, and found an Alumnae chapter in my state. Now that I'm established in my career, I thought I might be able to help mentor some of the college ZTA's. I also wanted to get involved with the philanthropy, and wondered if, even though I had never been initiated, I might be allowed to get involved in some way.

I received a call telling me that, yes, I could help.. but not only that, that it might be possible to be initiated! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this could happen!

It's been three long years since I first wrote my letter, and finally, I have received an initiation date! Can you imagine being able to go back and do something that you wished you had done the first time around?

This is so special for me, I can't even put it in words. The women in the Alumnae Chapter have welcomed me with open arms and have been so supportive. It was funny, the first time I met them, I felt that special bond I first felt when I walked into the UF house during rush. You just know when something's "right."

Much thanks goes to Penguin Trax and to a DG named CutiePie2000 who helped behind the scenes.

It's so good to finally be going back "home!"

Last edited by blueangel; 02-04-2005 at 10:25 PM.