Thread: Rec question
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
Semi-Off Topic: Do any sororities count in-laws as an influence of any kind, like on the level of a cousin or something? Obviously they're not legacies.
I can think of some instances where the sister-in-law thing might count for something or get you noticed. For example if the sister-in-law were advisor to the chapter or a national officer, or an alum who'd given a lot of money to the chapter.

I've seen a lot of cases from my own experience where there is a senior in a sorority seriously dating or engaged to a guy, and then his little sister comes to the university and joins the girlfriend/fiancee's chapter.

Those are the only instances I could think of where it would matter. I guess you could always bring it up in recruitment conversations "oh my sister in law was an XYZ and she talks about her great experiences and it got me interested in Greek life and XYZ."

But yeah, not a legacy.