View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Xylochick216
I know a lot of our "punishments" were cleaning out our storage units that held all of our Alpha Chi stuff, setting up for initiation, requiring help with philantropic events (i.e. volunteering at the domestic abuse shelter, helping at the thrift store that supports the domestic abuse shelter, baking/buying candy for any awareness tables we had set up), etc. Basically they just did things that were necessary to the functioning of our chapter that a lot of people don't volunteer to do.

And I agree about not punishing the excused absences. Like it was said above, what's the point of having excused and unexcused if they're both punished? Just be strict in what is excused (weddings, births, deaths) and what isn't.
Hmm.. on that note, what is considered "excused" for your chapter? I know people in my chapter are excused without punishment for study abroad, etc.

I'm going to be an RA and winter RA training conflicts with part of rush. I'm pretty sure that I'll be excused from those days of rush (since I will not be excused from RA training under any circumstances) and I'm not sure about the rest of rush.