View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, the only time we can restrict social privileges is when they are not up-to-date on financial payments.

We're thinking the women who are excused would be doing smaller duties -- like helping the Membership Chair organize references, put together Bid Day bags or clean out the Recruitment cupboards. Something that's pretty stress-free but still helps them make up the time they're going to be gone and shows the other chapter members there are consequences for missing required events. They may not be big, but there are still consequences.

It's the women who are unexcused that I'm most worried about. An invitation to Standards doesn't mean anything anymore; in fact, most people blow it off. It's something we're working on but without a strong Standards Adviser (currently it's me and I'm already filling two other advisory positions along with ABC, CCA and HB) and committee, it's difficult. Plus, most of them are Seniors and they already have the feeling that now that they're seniors, they don't have to do anything with the chapter anymore, especially since they're all living out-of-house.

now this is getting more to Chapter Operations than Recruitment...
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.