View Single Post
Old 05-17-2001, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

A few. Megan Mullaly is on a TV show called Will and Grace, she and I went to high school together in OKC. I was class of '75, she was '77 or '78. The whole high school only had about 300 kids so it was hard not to know everyone.

Rex Linn and I were friends in high school, both class of '75. Rex played a DC cop with Harrison Ford in Clear and Present Danger, he played a Secret Service agent with Sylvester Stallone and John Lithgow in Cliffhanger, he played an FBI agent in Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, he played the cop in Breakdown with Curt Russell, and a bunch of other stuff. http://www.rexlinn.com/ is his site.

We also had Ed Gaylord in our class. Ed now the president of the company that his dad owns. They own Opryland, the Opryland Hotel, Mall, Country Music Television, and just sold TNN to Westinghouse for $1.5 billion in Westinghouse stock. He also owns the Oklahoma Publishing Company as well as various radio and TV stations.

Jay Bernstein is another graduate though he would not remember me. I think he was class of 1969. He is a Hollywood agent and is credited for discovering Farah Fawcett.

Hunt Lowery was class of '73 and is a movie producer. He worked with the Zuckers on Top Secret with Val Kilmer and most recently with Disney's The Kid with Bruce Willis.

Jim Bullock is a friend of mine, my ex-wife and he were in college together and did plays together. Jim's name is Jm. J. Bullock and was in ALF, Too Close for Comfort, was a regular on Hollywood Squares, and had a talk show called Jimmy J. and Tammy Faye.

Al Baz is the name of a shuttle on Star Trek, it is named for the uncle of a girlfriend of mine. Some info about him http://www.cairotimes.com/content/people/bazres.html

I guess Al Baz is pushing it so I will leave out the politicians and other govt figures. I have a half brother who use to do concert promotion and I was able to meet some of the rock groups that came to town.