View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjeeling View Post
I've been searching GC for hours trying to find a similar situation, but since mine is pretty unusual, I thought I'd pose it to y'all. I am a member of a local sorority at my school, but I have never stopped believing that it was the wrong fit for me, so I resigned this semester. Before that, I was the president of the chapter and served on the board for Greek life, basically I was hyper-involved. Now, there is a new NPC chapter that will be colonizing. I was wondering what this would look like to the National representatives running the colonization process, and if it would kill my chances. I'd be thankful for all your thoughts!
First of all, no one here can say what your chances are.

I was pledging a local before joining my sorority. I depledged because I refused to be hazed. I met women from the Alpha Gam chapter on campus, went through Frat Ed, and initiated the following semester.

Your heavy involvement with your local and campus Greek Life will likely come up because no matter how big your campus is, girls will talk. This information will make it to the colonization team.

My situation is different from yours. I wasn't yet Greek. You already are and was very involved despite feeling that "it wasn't the right fit for you." You were PRESIDENT of the chapter, for goodness sake. If there wasn't a new NPC sorority colonizing, would you have resigned from your sorority? Or did you resign just because you saw a better opportunity ahead?

If I were a colonization decision maker, I'd question your dedication and integrity. I don't know what they'll think, but I'll be blunt and honest and say that if I were in their shoes, I would not extend you a bid to the colony.