View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, Pirate, let me say that I am sorry about the bad situation you found yourself in, life is crazy sometimes. Just remeber that about that chapter and don't be scared of them during Fall Recruiment!

Well, ECU is a small but serious Recruitment. We have 9 NPC groups and about 150-200 Potential New Members. EVERY chapter has a distinct personality. Your year in school will not hinder you, if you were a Junior I would say different, but you have another 3-4 years to give to the chapter! Many PNMs will be in their second year.

You will have a Recruitment book in the mail after to register, it will have details about attire. I would get a reference, if possible, I think it is always a good thing! If you are intrested in a certain NPC group you may be able to contact their HQ and see if they have a rec chair in your city...you can run some names by her and see if any of your family friends are in that group and you didn't know. Or just ask around your parents friends, they may know someone.

Clothes will be mainly smart casual, but you will see the whole spectrum, from last years prom dress to jeans! But I would do cute capris/sweater set...do classic,polished,and trendy. I wouldn't do "going out clothes".
Skit day will involve sitting, wear capris or a long skirt, they don't need that much about you! PREF will require a nice dress, like church attire...think cool and comfy, it will be hot!

I wish you luck, BUT be sure not to be discouraged if you ask a present member of a chapter, they will be tight lipped, they are not supposed to talk recruitment with a PNM, but I'm an alumnae...hehehe, that's another perk of graduating!

Check out the Panhellenic Webpage, email Cole the Recruiment director, she has all the info you need~ALSO, Oreintation has a whole GREEK Presentation, go to it!

I will be at Recruitment, find me after Bid Day! GOOD LUCK!

------------------
Lexi

[This message has been edited by ecukd (edited June 21, 2001).]