View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaKappa View Post
Well they basically said do whatever you can.
We presentated to panhellic twice, and we were turned down by a vote from the local sororities.
So we have the option of a Kappa Delta Phi style affiliated fraternity which already exists here.
We could become a club, which isnt an option---we're a sorority!
Other than that...we arent sure what to do...which is why I am here for your help
is your campus an all local or all national campus? i've heard of the process in which the existing groups at a university has to vote on the entrance of a new group, but i am under the impression that it applies to all existing organizations, not just locals. and in your're situation if you aren't allowed to be a local why are there locals voting?? perhaps you meant national? in either case, my advice would be to have a detailed talk with your greek affairs advisor, he or she knows all the rules about what you can and can not do as a local organization. as far going national... every council has different rules, my group is attempting to go national because many members who attend my university are not allowed to form a local group. we are now an independent sorority. unaffiliated with any university for the time being until our second chapter becomes affiliated with their school.