View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I would also have to agree and say Ole Miss. Everything I have read (via gc) has said positive things about Ole Miss Greek life, except that it is highly competitive (which actually makes me wonder how and why the chapter closed if Greek life is so competitive).

Other than that I would just say more chapters on the west coast. I'm looking at my Alpha book and I have a map of all the chapters (it's from 1997), I realize that some of these chapters have closed and other ones have opened, so numbers I give are average.

But there are about 84 chapters on the east coast. I am looking at states east of the Mississippi River. The mid-west (ND, MN, SD, IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, TX, AR, LA, plus Canada) has about 38 chapters. While the west coast (WA, MT, ID, OR, WY, CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM plus Canada) has only about 15 chapters.

So I would love to see the following chapters reopened:

Alpha Lambda (University of Oregon)
Alpha Omega (Oregon State University)
Beta Mu (Montana State University)
Beta Xi (University of Montana)
Beta Gamma (University of Utah)
Alpha Alpha (University of Colorado)
Alpha Nu (University of New Mexico)
Delta Psi (East New Mexico University)

Plus, I would love to see schools in Idaho and Wyoming gain chapters. Also more chapters in WA, CO, OR and CA.

(I obviously don't know the reasons behind these chapters closing or why the other states have or haven't been considered for colonization, it's just what I would like to see).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt