View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyk2004 View Post
We want to create this organization using greek letters so that people who may not be enrolled in college or have been turned down at the ones at their schools have the opportunity to experience a sorority or fraternity type organization. i am already in charge of organizations that are community based for specific things. like i said already it's so that these people may get an opportunity to experience what a frat or sorority is all about. we want to run like any other fraternity or sorority out there. i dont see why it would be unfair to use greek letters to represent us. our organization will give these people the opportunity to experience what others are experiencing at their schools
Community-based GLOs often have a different focus than that of social GLOs on school campuses. How can you give these people this "experience" if you've never been through it yourself? You say that you're not too thrilled with the Greeks at your school. Have you at least given them a shot?

You cannot transmit what you have not yet received.

...and everything knight_shadow said. If you're just duplicating what's already out there, what makes you think that you'll be able to stand out from the rest?