View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyk2004 View Post
We want to create this organization using greek letters so that people who may not be enrolled in college or have been turned down at the ones at their schools have the opportunity to experience a sorority or fraternity type organization. i am already in charge of organizations that are community based for specific things. like i said already it's so that these people may get an opportunity to experience what a frat or sorority is all about. we want to run like any other fraternity or sorority out there. i dont see why it would be unfair to use greek letters to represent us. our organization will give these people the opportunity to experience what others are experiencing at their schools
It sounds like you want to create a GLO just for the sake of creating it. You haven't identified any values or ideals that you want to base your organization on, aside from being a place for those who couldn't experience "traditional" Greek life. You say your main targets are those who haven't pursued college and those who were rejects (for lack of a better term) of other GLOs. Many people who pass up college do so because of other priorities (ex. work, family, money, etc), so that leaves you with an organization full of "rejects." I'm sure that's not what you're after. Your organization needs to have more focus if you're wanting to equate it to a GLO.

You also say you want to run like any other fraternity or sorority already in existence. Look at this from an interests view point: What is different about this organization that would make me choose it from an existing organization? How would you answer that question? And again I'll pose this question to you: Why would you go out of your way to create something unique if you're intending to duplicate something that's already out there?