View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Caddyk2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
There is no "official registration" to make your organization legit. Google your organization's name to see if it's already taken. Hopefully, there's some significance in the letters you've chosen (ie. you didn't just randomly pick 3 letters from a hat).

Also, if this is not an organization affiliated with a school, is there a reason you've insisted on using Greek letters? Why not create a social club? What is it about your group that makes it different from the hundreds of fraternities and sororities already out there?

ETA:

You're probably not going to find anything that gives details on the inner-workings of a GLO. Again, this is your organization, so you'd be the one determining how it's run. What's the point of creating something new if you're going to use someone else's style?

We want to create this organization using greek letters so that people who may not be enrolled in college or have been turned down at the ones at their schools have the opportunity to experience a sorority or fraternity type organization. i am already in charge of organizations that are community based for specific things. like i said already it's so that these people may get an opportunity to experience what a frat or sorority is all about. we want to run like any other fraternity or sorority out there. i dont see why it would be unfair to use greek letters to represent us. our organization will give these people the opportunity to experience what others are experiencing at their schools