View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyk2004 View Post
correct, my roommates don't go to the school i go to but i'm not looking to start one at my school. i' looking to start one for my town for people who dont get the opportunities to participate in this type of organization.

yes Omega Phi Sigma is the name of the coed frat we'd like to start.

i'd like to try to get information from my schools administration but i'm not sure how helpful they're gonna be. i read through the link preciousjeni provided but is there any other supplemental site that can give me more information on how these organizations are run. I understand it's a lot of work but i've already started an organization for the fire department- it's just a completely different environment with different types of rules and regs.

also is there any particular group i need to register with to make our frat official. we dont really want to have the same name as another organization.
There is no "official registration" to make your organization legit. Google your organization's name to see if it's already taken. Hopefully, there's some significance in the letters you've chosen (ie. you didn't just randomly pick 3 letters from a hat).

Also, if this is not an organization affiliated with a school, is there a reason you've insisted on using Greek letters? Why not create a social club? What is it about your group that makes it different from the hundreds of fraternities and sororities already out there?

ETA:

Quote:
is there any other supplemental site that can give me more information on how these organizations are run
You're probably not going to find anything that gives details on the inner-workings of a GLO. Again, this is your organization, so you'd be the one determining how it's run. What's the point of creating something new if you're going to use someone else's style?

Last edited by knight_shadow; 02-18-2008 at 10:35 PM.