View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyk2004 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the whole greek thing, but i've always wanted to be a part of it. I'm not too thrilled with the greek life at my school and since i'm already a sophomore I wanted to get involved soon. My roommates all go to a school where there is no greek life so a discussion came up about the four of us starting our own. Only problem is, I have no idea what I have to do to get this up and running. If anyone knows what my options are please let me know.

Thanks!
Christine
Omega Phi Sigma
So your roommates go to a different school than you? Most campuses will require that your members be students of the university, unless you're creating some kind of city-wide chapter or an organization that's not affiliated with the school.

Also, you ended your post with "Omega Phi Sigma." Is this the organization you've created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyk2004 View Post
thanks... but do you know anything about how to become recognized so that we can begin the process. and is there any place i can find information on forming this coed frat so that i'm following guidelines, etc
If you read the linked pages that preciousjeni provided, you should be able to find all the information you need. If you're creating your own organization, you'll be the one creating guidelines, so we can't help you there.

Talk to your school administration and READ the link that you were directed to. Starting an organization is not easy, so you need to make sure you and your friends do your research on your own.