View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamAwhile:
Hi!
I recently inquired about the Emergency Grant for a member. During Rush, we always say, "Don't let the amount of dues be the reason you don't join Kappa. We have scholarships, etc. that you can apply for to gain help." Well, did you know that this is a lie? There ARE scholarships to apply for but these CANNOT be used for dues! Did everyone know that? So...I would change that there should be Emergency assistance to help with dues. I am thinking about starting a fund after I graduate to hit up recent alumnae from our chapter, explaining myself because this is a problem. We have been lying the whole time to the rushees. Does anyone have this same problem? I just wonder about those chapters that have to pay like over $1,000...what do you guys do when you have a member that has a problem being able to pay???
I would also like to bring back the big/lil. I have seen people ahead of me who have the big/lil and I am so jealous. But, anyways!
I hope everyone is doing great!
Loyally,
Katie
Katie-- Are you sure you can't use the new Rose McGill Emergency Assistance Grants for dues? Here is the description:

Emergency Grants are available during the school year to Kappa collegians
who face a sudden financial emergency. These grants are confidential.
Associate members are not eligible. A recipient must be a full-time student and
active in the chapter. A recipient must also remain in school the term following
receipt of the grant or refund the award to the Foundation. Consult with your
Chapter Council Adviser and follow procedures listed in the Guidelines,
Procedures and Application below. Applications will be processed from August
1 to April 1. These grants are made possible by the Rose McGill Fund of the
Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation. Please forward your application or any
questions to the Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation Assistant, Robin Pickett at
Fraternity Headquarters.

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how