View Single Post
Old 06-19-2001, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey--

Kappagirl00, Good point about the "eventually" part. From what I know, this was a REALLY hard thing to get passed through the National Panhell Council. I remember a KKG National Officer telling me that no one wanted to commit to it, even though all of the delegates thought it was the right thing to do. Kind of a Catch 22.

I *believe* (though I don't know this to be a fact) that one of the reasons KKG is one of the charter sororities in this initiative is that the National President of Panhellenic is a Kappa.

I hear you on the "nobody wants to join the group that didn't make quota last Rush"....it was that way at my school (Indiana U.), too. I am SO glad to hear that your chapter hasn't suffered any quota repercussions... let's hope it stays that way....

Could the sororities that have "dry mixing" policies on your campus get together and have a mixer at a third-party-vendor, like a restaurant or a bar or something? I know it's not the same as a traditional mixer, and I know it is expensive as heck, but if you pooled your resources, it might work. Do you have other sororites that are under the dry mixing policy at your campus?

Without sounding like our illustrious former President, I really feel your pain. I'm not an undergrad anymore, but I know what this policy is doing to my chapter....at the same time, I know that it is probably the right course for KKG to take.... it's just so hard to change.

Good thing we have this bulletin board to discuss it on!!!

Loyally,
Kristen

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!