View Single Post
Old 07-26-2000, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Cool

Wow, I had no idea that I'd get this kind of response! Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Also I should clarify, as far as I know of, my sorority is the only group at present (GLO or honorary) to have the name Alpha Sigma Kappa. Thanks for your concern, those of you who've emailed, urging to us to trademark, copyright, and/or incorporate the organization's name...already taken care of!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelacious:
Hey equeen...

It's funny that you use that title..."a rose by any other name"...because I just noticed out that we (your sorority and my own) have the same officer Sorority flower and you all even share one of our colors...

Interesting, isn't it! Actually the white rose is for all sisters, not just officers...and yah, I noticed the similarities of symbols/color between A.S.K. and Zeta when I first pledged A.S.K...had quite a chuckle over the coincidence!

Quote:
Odd though, that I'm sure that the meanings behind your symbols and ours are totally different! That's really what makes organzations unique: not so much the symbols, but their meanings respective to the particular organization, eh?

Best, shela
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally posted by localsororities:
Also lots of local groups have the same name as other locals, and never know it. Some know, but it doesn't really matter to them.
locals, I think it's cool that KZPi did research on "Zeta Pi" before settling on it for sure...I'm wondering, especially with respect to the locals you mentioned above, if this "name-sharing" becomes a problem, should they ever decide to expand to other campuses.

matthewg, I would guess that even if the one organization (pharmacy) awas founded first, if the sorority filed for the name first, then they own the rights to it. bklyndelta
and other Deltas, was this the case for Delta Sigma Theta, Inc., Please clarify?

Definitely a reason to incorporate or at least trademark the name!

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited July 26, 2000).]