View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Can you please start prefacing your advice with the fact that you're in a co-ed non-NPC/IFC at a small, uncompetitive private college, and that your experience has nothing to do with 96% of other Greek life? KTHXBI.
Haha wow. A tude.

That's something I would've said. Plus, if it's co-ed and non-NPC, it's probably more like 98%.

Along with what she said, your more likely to need to rush as a freshman in the fall semester (Unless they only allow spring rush), than as sophmore in terms of competitiveness.

Oh and...
Quote:
- If/when you rush, bid, pledge et cetera be sure to keep non-greek and other greek friends. Don't let the house you're joining consume your life. There may be a time later you will want to get away from fraternity drama
No. You won't have any time for GDI friends depending on where you rush because you'll be too busy conducting important greek stuff and they'll be too busy playing Playstation or World of Warcraft or whatever it is they do in their free time.

Now that I'm all graduated I can say these things.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 06-15-2009 at 07:27 PM.