View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ruckette
Suggestions
- Rush LOTS of houses (if applicable) Find one that fits you, don't join for the sake of letter
- Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT pledge your first semester. Make independent friends and watch what people who do pledge go through.
- don't drink heavily durring rush. (note, I didn't say don't drink at all) You actually have to remember your nights in order to actually know if you want to join these men (and possibly women) in eternal bonds of brotherhood.
- Hit up the smaller houses. Not that big houses are bad, but there are some gems to be found in smaller houses. They are also very different.
- If/when you rush, bid, pledge et cetera be sure to keep non-greek and other greek friends. Don't let the house you're joining consume your life. There may be a time later you will want to get away from fraternity drama
- Don't listen to what other people tell you about other houses. We are all greeks, show some respect. Also, think for yourself and don't be a sheep. Don't just rush the houses where the other peopleon your dorm floor are.

Most importantly
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!