View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.P.A.N. View Post
First let me say that you must do your research. It is very important that you learn about the fraternity, founding principles as well as history. I was eager and ready to pledge my freshmen year, but I knew I wasn't ready. I didn't want to jump into a fraternity, and then 5 years later not like the frat, because joing a fraternity is a life-long commitment with men of similar goals and values. My 2nd year in College I joined a fraternity, and have been loving it since, I can see myself 30 years from now still actively involved with the fraternity. The bond I share with brothers is crazy. My fraternity is like a support system, someone is always there, and you always have someonw to depend on. Just remember that joining a fraternity isn't about partying and wearing letters, you MUST WORK for the organization and give back.
Bravo

The best tip I can give you is to shop around. Visit all of the Fraternities you can, and weigh the pros and cons of each one. You will bond with these guys a lot

The worst thing you could do would be to pick your Fraternity based on how nice the house looks or how many job connections you think you will get from joining.

You can live in a nice house anywhere, and the people in your Fraternity won't give you any job connections if you never establish a close relationship with them in the first place.