View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:42 PM

*Get involved in at least one campus organization that deals with your major. It's nice to get together with people in your field of study.

*GO TO CLASS. I do not care if Bob tells you ECON 270 is "Way easy! You don't need to show up!". Assume he's lying and GO ANYWAY. Classes cost $$, so go, or else you are WASTING IT.

*STAY AWAKE IN CLASS. I've seen people get automatically failed because they came and slept for most of the semester.

*READ THE BOOKS! You (or someone) paid for them! Even if Bob tells you, "Dude, you don't even have to read the book!". Assume he's lying and read it anyway.

*Don't go out EVERY night. I promise you if you do it will get old really fast. You'll have plenty of time for fun.

*For those who end up going Greek: If you are WAY behind on homework, have 2 test the next day, and are burdened down beyond belief, SKIP THAT MIXER. It's okay. There will be PLENTY more.

*INTRODUCE yourself to your professors. I don't care if there's 400 people in the class. It's nothing to go up to a prof after class and say, "Hi Dr. Whatever. I'm Becky. Just wanted to introduce myself." If anything he'll be happy you thought enough to do so. And it will certainly help later on in the semester if you start to have trouble or need help.

*Take advantage of your professor's OFFICE HOURS! They have them for YOU! If you REALLY aren't getting something, stop by. If their hours don't work for you, talk to them and see if you can agree on an appointment.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-28-2009 at 11:57 PM.