View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twhrider13
Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
<snip>21) Don’t go home every weekend. You’ll never get settled at college if you’re always going back to high school.<snip>
This is sooooo true! I went back home every single, solitary weekend my freshman year (I wasn't a DZ then), even though home was an hour and a half away, and I only had like 3 or 4 friends there. (There were a whole lot of reasons for this, none of which I'm going to get into.) Finally, I came to my senses the summer before my sophomore year and realized that I needed to make some friends in college. That was one reason I decided to rush!

One more thing--if you go to class and try hard (or even if you don't), and you still find yourself doing badly in a class, for the love of God, drop the thing! One class that you can take again with a different professor some other semester is not worth ruining your entire college GPA over. If your grades start out badly, it's very hard to improve them. However, if you're failing all your classes, maybe it's time for some soul-searching....

Last edited by twhrider13; 08-01-2005 at 04:13 PM.