View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings!!!

Hello to you who care about finding out more about Greeks on campus. Kappa Delta Chi Sorority is seeking Community service minded ladies to charter the sisterhood at their own universities across the nation.

We welcome the opportunity of expanding our sisterhood to your campus. If you would like further information about KDChi and the expansion process, please contact our Expansion Chair Mani Banwait at extrecruitment@kappadeltachi.org

My name is Gina and I'm a Kappa Delta Chi alumni sister and Mentors Inc Mentor in Washington DC. KDChi is a multi-cultural sisterhood chock full of professionals of all kinds. It's a community service driven organization with the bonus of networking with professional, graduate and undergraduate sisters coast to coast.

It's hard to describe in words what Kappa Delta Chi has meant to me over the years. It's kind of like trying to describe what you've explained with your friends and family have meant to you in one sentence alone. It can't be done right?! That is what it would be like to attempt to describe what it is that has added to our lives, memories, and special times.

KDChi is an addition to our lives and changes you not in the sense that you will be broken down and rebuilt, but the lessons come from our moments of serving the community, attending conferences, mentoring youth across the nation, working with amazing advisors of organizations, creating conferences of our own that reach out to high school and junior high students informing them of the importance of education and the ability of each and everyone of our future leaders and teaching the way step by step that they can get there. We have sisters who hold PhD's, teach children, run National Organizations, work for the National Securities Council, manage Lockheed Martin, and serve in the military with the Department of Defense against the war in Afganistan! We're truly a sisterhood for people from all walks of life! KDChi is a family, service opportunity, networking arena, mini-business because of the many ideas and visions we create and follow through. KDChi in a way prepares you for life in many facets of human capability. It's everything you can get out of every organization professional, service based, and sisterhood in one!

KDChi has been featured in numerous magazines, publications and in various local news newspaper and television affiliates for the community activities and academic outstanding. Recognition is not what KDChi is all about though. More so, we're proud of what we do for the surrounding communities. We've also been recognized by the current Presidential administration for our outstanding service to the national communities.

There is no way to describe what our sisterhood is like. It's a life changing transformation and KDChi doesn't try to "break you down" and build you back up...Kappa Delta Chi allows you to grow on your own through the projects of reaching out in the community, making wonderful things happen, teaching professional workshops, and sharing the stories that you hold dear to your heart with so many other marvelous ladies! KDChi is a community service sisterhood at the heart of it all and we are the very best of friends to each other and have a wonderful time! I kid you not, I too have researched many sisterhoods because I wasn't sure which one I wanted to be a part of if any and there is none comparable to the astonishing ladies of KDChi and the amazing things these community leaders are doing while in college as well as what they continue to do as a part of our alumni sisters.

What is truly exciting about being a sister is that although I'm so far away, they never cease to amaze me in their continued support, love, and dedication to making me feel as if I never left home! Also I have many sisters here working in DC as well as sisters in New Jersey and many sisters at all locations around the nation who have such an immense ambition and outstanding leadership qualities and contacts that I never knew so many women who had their lives so together! It honestly makes you feel so good to see so many independent, successful, well educated, loving, caring, honest, devoted, self-less, ladies who will be there for me and the rest of our sisters under any circumstances!

If in fact you believe in these qualities that we share in and are looking for a place to serve the community, network with associates of all kinds, excel academically, and be successful in all areas of human capability, then WE WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF OUR SISTERHOOD!

Go to kappadeltachi.com and learn about an organization that can positively benefit every aspect of your life...with KDChi we welcome you to find your niche in this large university life we know as home! It is very possible and well worth it to create a foundation at your University that will create this circle of family and do not feel at all intimidated about beginning KDChi there, that's what we are here for to be here to help you and guide through whatever it is that you need! That is how KDChi is growing and expanding around the nation!

The following is about KDChi, just some quick information just so that you can get to know us better!

Some background on KDChi:
-Founded in 1987 by 4 women at Texas Tech University
-Principles: Unity, Honesty, Integrity and Leadership
-Colors: Pink and Maroon
-Flower: Pink Rose
-Jewel: Emerald
-Mascot: Penguin
-Nickname: "KDChi"
-Type of sorority: Service
-We pride ourselves on community service, academic achievement and standing out as leaders in our University and surrounding local and national communities.
-Our website is kappadeltachi.com
-KDX has an established National Alumni Association.
-KDX has university-recognized chapters Coast to Coast and is proud to call Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta a sister.
-KDX is a certified 501c7 non-profit organization

We welcome the opportunity of expanding our sisterhood to your campus. If you would like further information about KDChi and the expansion process, please contact our Expansion Chair Mani Banwait at extrecruitment@kappadeltachi.org

With sincerest best wishes with your researching a sorority,
Gina Garcia
Kappa Delta Chi Sorority Inc. -Pi Chapter Alum