View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Quote:
Originally posted by neonsparkles
Thanks for that reply! I looked around and saw some of the forums and they have been helpful. Our campus does not really do letters of rec, some of the girls told me it was a good idea and some of my other friends said that they only use letters from alumni if you are a legacy.
This might seem like a silly question (I hope not!), but since it varies so much do you think it would be a bad idea for me to get the letters of rec for the sororities that said it was a good idea and just not worry about the other ones who only do it for legacies? I just don't want it to seem like I am favoring one group more than the other, because I like them all and have really good friends in over half od the sororities.
It is just hard because my friends all want me to choose theirs and I don't want anyone to have hurt feelings!! (They are pressuring or dirty rushing, but I know they hope I go to their group).
Well, it's really up to you. Like I've said, letters of rec can only help you. If you don't want to show favorites than do recs for all organizations. Who knows. Maybe you'll go through and fall in love with a house that you didn't get a rec for. That's what happened to me. (Although in the end it all still worked out just fine. ) By turning in a rec you're telling the girls that an alum of their org supports you, and it's telling the girls that you're a person of good character, etc. I always feel that having a good rec helps you stand out from the recruitment masses. I know at Butler we had a TON of girls going through, and it's hard sometimes to remember each and every girl that goes through.

Also, try not to let your friends talk you into anything. (Although I'm sure that they're not!)

Good luck!
Erin

PS. Remember, there are NO silly questions.