View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't get used to taking afternoon naps and watching soap operas. The real world will quickly burst that bubble when you have an hour long commute and have to be at work by 8:30 AM. Get in the habit of treating college like a full time job in your junior and senior year and prepare for the inevitability. Do take a morning class in the fall and actually go to the class. You will be amazed at how much you can get done before 1 PM! I understand that not all of us are early risers or some are used to their afternoon nap-- but there are no milk and cookie nap times in the working world, so break that habit now while you can.

ETA: Greek Life is fun, but get involved in some other activities like a pre-professional club. If you're moving onto grad school, listing your sorority office on your resume as your greatest accomplishment looks trite. This isn't coming from me; just advice I have received from adcomms. Also remember that you're in school to get an education. Class before boys and socials.

Last edited by adpiucf; 07-12-2006 at 09:02 PM.