View Single Post
Old 10-04-2001, 07:54 PM

AdPi-EE, I would not say that "elite" refers to the age of an organization, although the so-called elite chapters tend to be the older ones. You are right about Kappa but wrong about your own GLO....I think ADPi is definitely one of the "elites."

Everyone else....this is not something to get all upset about....remember that this whole thread started with someone's innocent question. It seems to me that the people who got the most upset about this were the ones who felt that their chapters weren't being considered "elite." It is a basic fact of life that there are going to be groups and organizations that are better known than others or are considered a little more "prestigious" than others. So what? If you are happy where you are, that is what counts. The people who have said that all GLOs are elite are absolutely right. To be in the chapter you are in, you were chosen. That in itself means something....that people saw qualities in you that made them want to have you as a part of their group. If you aren't 100% proud to wear your letters, then that is a reflection on yourself, not the "eliteness" or not of the group you are aligned with.