View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been alternately annoyed and amused by this thread, too, and held back from involving my own GLO in it, but now that Maggie's chimed in, I think I'll say:

Alpha Xi Delta is definitely NOT one of the elite sororities. We aren't the oldest sorority or the first to have done much of anything, and don't claim to be. On some campuses our chapters are large and highly competitive; on some they're not. You don't need a pedigree to be an Alpha Xi Delta, and we don't require recommendations. We couldn't care less what your parents do for a living, or what kind of car you drive.

What we do care about is whether you are an interesting, fun person, respectful of yourself and others, and willing to commit time and talent to our sisterhood, and to learn more about life in return. We are all about "Inspiring Women to Realize Their Potential", and consider that, and having fun with one another, much more important than being on any List of Elites.

Given what others have written on this thread and others, that's pretty much how most people feel about their GLOs. So can we end this discussion already?!